These Excerpts were taken from RV Opinion and Viewpoints.
2012 Travel Trailer. This unit was supposed to be their Top of the line Travel Trailer. This unit was hardly used by the owners for a couple of 500 mile trips on the freeway. It was never taken off road. There were the usual problems that were fixed during warranty. When the Travel Trailer was about 1 year and 3 months old In 2013, the warranty had run out, and troubles with the travel Trailer were Discovered…
1. The trim was falling off along with doors on the cabinets . Very Poorly made. These Cabinets were supposed to be made by Skilled Craft Men.
2. The Underbelly was falling down and came loose in several places.
3. In the spring of 2014 it was discovered that the Counter top was pulling away from the wall. It was pulling the wall paper from the wall about 1 inch. It was also cracking around the Sink and the curved rim. This was caused by the cold and the counter top material shrinking. This was a known defect, but was not disclosed to the purchasers by the Dealer who sold them the TT. It was Sold in the fall of 2014 at a Considerable loss.
2011 Travel Trailer
Purchased new in 2011
1. From Day One many problems Were found, loose trim falling off and mismatched. This unit was supposed to be better built and came with a 2 year warranty.
2. Slide would not close all of the way at the top. Dealer tried to adjust it to no avail. They finally ordered a whole new frame and other parts. It took 6 months to Get the Parts. It was still not right and to this day there are still problems with it. Warranty did cover the Parts and Labor. This was in 2012.
3. 2 years later after the warranty had run out, the owners started on a trip to Oregon. When they were about 100 miles from home, a wheel bearing seized up ruining the axle, and Stranding the people on the side of the freeway. They had to call a wrecker to tow them to their home. To this day the Trailer is still sitting on Blocks at the owners home until they decide what to do with it.
I have looked at many of the newer Travel Trailers, and find most of them are junk period. They are cheaply built and will never hold up. I would never buy another new Travel Trailer.
The Older ones were better built. This is proven by the fact that Older Models are still From time to time I will be adding more to this blog. Your comments are welcome.
on the road in good shape, even after 20 years of service.many are pre 2007 models.