I have been wanting to solve 3 minor problems in my 2006 Four Winds Hurricane. First was the controls for my Leveling system. The controls were way down on the left drivers side wall just below the dash. Hard to reach and hard to see. The second problem was no drink or coffee cup holder on the drivers side wall. Yes there was a drink and coffee cup holder on the hump, but it was hard to reach and you had to take your eyes off of the road. The next problem was A place to mount my TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system)
First step was to move the control board up to where it was easier to reach. It was a simple matter to drill out the rivets that held it to the wall and move it into a better position. here is a picture of it after I moved it.
I filled in the holes below where I drilled out the old rivets. Next I needed a place to put my TPMS and other electronics (Cell Phone) and charger. So I started to construct a armrest on the Drivers side wall to hold various Items and my Coffee cup or water bottle while driving. I made my arm rest out of pine and stained it a dark brown, and 3 coats of Clear High Gloss spray paint.
Getting ready to add a piece of lexsan Glass so I will have a smooth surface for any of my various suction cup mounts. It is stained and needs a couple of high gloss clear coats, and some more screws. I used corner brackets to fasten it to the wall using pop rivets and wood screws. I also fashioned a piece to go between the dash and the Leveler control, and affixed a piece of lexsan Glass to the top of it. and used the suction cup stand to install my TPMS.
I ordered a Flush mounted cup holder from a boat company and as soon as it gets here I will drill a hole towards the rear of the arm rest and install it. The wires you see in the picture will be covered with a cream colored vinyl sleeve. Just below the controller I added a 12V receptacle with 2 USB Ports. This way I can plug in my TPMS and plug my Cell Phone in one of the USB Ports. I plan on adding a Log Book and Map Holder below the arm rest console and maybe add a couple of battery condition gauges. will post more pictures when the project is done.